Below are 12 motivational quotes that I’ve pulled together for finding and developing the hidden quality talent within your organization! Share them with your team and look at how you can apply them together.
1. Never underestimate the value of your plow horses – those loyal employees who will never set the world on fire, but will always do whatever it takes to keep the lights on.
2. One hiring mistake at a senior level is all it takes to create a domino effect that destroys value throughout your organization.
3. Developing qualified managerial talent is best done by providing challenging assignments and mentorship to succeed, not a plethora of executive programs.
4. When it comes to talent, the grass is often greener in your own backyard.
5. There are a limited number of truly talented people in any market space. Help them develop and apply their talents to your business.
6. If your employees aren’t creating customer value, they’re probably destroying it.
7. Finding and developing managerial talent is really a matter of looking at the challenge from an inside-out perspective. Develop internal talent first, only then look at external hires.
8. Training and development is often the first budget item to be cut in tough times despite the fact that it is an investment and not a cost.
9. Raw talent that is carefully groomed and nurtured holds the key to success.
10. Too few organizations have a consistent approach to developing Qualified Managerial Talent.
11. Fire your donkeys when you first find yourself thinking about it, and promote or hire the racehorses who never need to be coaxed to run.
12. Training and developing the people you already have doesn’t take nearly as much time and money as hiring, training and developing the people you don’t have and crossing your fingers that they’re a match.
#1 Bestselling Author, International Speaker, and Accelerator Anne C. Graham is on a mission to help 5 million business leaders and their teams double their profit per employee – or more – in less than one year, in less time per week than they’re spending on email per day. Her new book Profit in Plain Sight includes the 5-step proactive P.R.O.F.I+T Plan to do it. Connect with Anne on Twitterand LinkedIn.